Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Hardcover Padfolio




Having intended to make a padfolio quite some time ago, I finally made one on Sunday after seeing instructions on Sue Bleiweiss's website, www.twocreativestudios.com for a hard backed version.  There are lots of other projects there too.
I just used the instructions as a base, my pad was a different size, and I used fabric rather than paper to cover the mountboard.  I embroidered the outer cover first on my embroidery machine and added some beading.  I also added a sleeve to hold a pen on the lining where the spine of the book was.  I prepared the lining fully, sewing on the pockets before I stuck the whole lining on the the cover.  I stuck some card on to the pad cover too to improve it.

3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. And inspirational - I'm going to find something from my stash and try my own version. Did you use glue for your fabric or a fusible webbing?
    thanks for sharing it!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, I used Anita's Tacky glue, it's a pva glue. I don't think fusible webbing would have been feasible, think of ironing around all the corners.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lining fabric you chose for this project, Cynthia,great idea sewing in the pockets before gluing it all down. It is great to see other members of Tricia's Textile group have there own blogs. I am still navigating my way around the post and the photos. I really appreciate your feedback. Emma from Brisbane Australia

    ReplyDelete