Saturday, 16 May 2009

Henley Perfected




I finished this hand knitted top yesterday.  The pattern is called Henley Perfected and I bought it from Knittingdaily.com

I used Patons Crystal yarn, acrylic microfibres, 120 metres to 50 gr, and I used just under 9 balls. 

I experimented with the hem as so often knitted hems have a tendancy to flip up.  For this one I did a temporary cast on on waste yarn onto 3 mm needles.  7 rows stocking stitch starting with a knit row, then k 1 row working into the back of the stitches.
Change to 3.25 mm needles and work 5 rows in stocking stitch starting with a knit row. Place the first row of main yarn onto a needle, and then using a 3.5 mm knit across knitting together one stitch from the hem with every stitch to turn up the hem. I used 3.5 mm needles to achieve the main tension for the top.  No Flipping!

It fits nicely and a liked the pattern, I will wear a vest type top under it.  It looks nice too with some of the buttons unfastened at the neck.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful this is! I am in awe of your knitting ability...that knitting gene isn't on *MY* chromosome!

    ReplyDelete