Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Quick Quilt!



Well it was a quick quilt for me, I started it around Christmas 2008 and finished it by Easter.  I did start a quilt for my daughter to take to university with her, and I presented it to her on her Graduation 5 years later... so yes a quick quilt.

This one is made in Van Heusen shirt fabrics which a friend, anxious to destash, so kindly gave to me.  The fabric is so smooth and nice to touch.  I did the quilting on the centre squares on my Janome 300e embroidery machine, then I pieced the logs right onto the wadding, which gave me a chance to use the IDT function on my new Pfaff Creative 2.0 machine.  I put the quilt together using Sharon Pederson's book called Reversible Quilts : Two at a Time.  This quilt has plain squares on the reverse side.

The beauty of this method is it is quilt as you go, so you don't have to manhandle the quilting of a large double bed quilt other than the joining strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment